Keep your phone dry. Even slight amounts of water can corrode internal components, causing the phone to quit working. Water damage is not covered under warranty.
The following can cause liquid damage:
- Using your phone in the rain
- Dialing your phone with wet hands
- Dropping your phone in the snow
- Setting your phone on a wet surface
- Using or storing your phone in a very humid environment
- Keeping your phone in a cold vehicle where condensation may occur
- If your phone does get wet, leave it to dry. Don’t turn it on or off until it has completely dried
Try not to drop your phone. Dropped phones can suffer cracked screens or dislodged internal components.
Protect your phone from harsh weather conditions. Extreme heat or cold can damage the battery or transceiver.
Know where your phone is at all times. Warranty does not cover lost or stolen phones. If your phone is lost or stolen, call your service provider immediately to have it disconnected.
Use care when charging your phone. The charging pins in your phone may be very delicate.
- Make sure you are connecting and disconnecting the charger correctly.
- Try not to move your phone while it is charging.
- Disconnect the charger from the phone before using the phone.
- Use a vehicle charger only when necessary. Do not leave your phone connected to a vehicle charger for long periods of time. If you are using a vehicle charger, make sure the phone is not free to move or slide around the vehicle.
Keep your phone clean. Dust, dirt, and makeup may cause damage to your phone. Clean regularly with a soft dry cloth. Do not store your phone in a location that is normally very dusty or dirty. Consider using a case to protect your phone.
Use only manufacturer-certified products, accessories, and service. The use of products or service not provided by the phone manufacturer will void the manufacturer’s warranty. Replacement of non-removable face plates may damage the phone and will void the warranty.