Symmetrical Internet refers to your upload and download speed, which can vary depending on your Internet plan. But first, let's take a look at what symmetry means.
According to Google and Oxford Languages, Symmetrical is 'made up of exactly similar parts facing each other or around an axis.'
Some great examples of symmetrical objects around us in everyday life are a pair of glasses, a butterfly, your reflection in a mirror, and identical twins.
Symmetrical Internet Speeds
Symmetrical Internet service providers (ISPs) sell their Internet plans in matching download and upload speeds such as:
- 100/100 or 100 Mbps x 100 Mbps
- 250/250 or 250 Mbps x 250 Mbps
- 500/500 or 500 Mbps x 500 Mbps
- 1 Gig/1 Gig or 1,000 Mbps x 1,000 Mbps
Asymmetrical Internet Speeds
Internet plans sold by some ISPs do NOT have equal download/upload speeds. Some ISPs sell asymmetrical Internet packages (see definition below), such as 30Mbps download speed by 10 Mbps upload speed or 1,000 Mbps download speed by 250 Mbps upload speed.
Other ISP Plans
- Example Plan: 30/10 or 30 Mbps download x 10 Mbps upload
- Example Plan: 250/100 or 250 Mbps download x 100 Mbps upload
- Example Plan: 1 Gig/250 Mbps or 1,000 Mbps download x 250 Mbps upload
BENEFITS OF NEMONT'S SYMMETRICAL INTERNET PLANS
At Nemont, we are proud that our internet service plans are symmetrical. Our tailored plans deliver a consistently fast and equal download and upload speed for your digital needs.
Here are some benefits of a symmetrical Internet connection:
- No Internet bottleneck. If you experience buffering while streaming a movie or frozen video calls, this can be during peak times when everyone gets online. Peak times usually happen after 4 p.m. when kids are out of school. Symmetrical bandwidth ensures that your download and upload speeds are not strained, even during high usage periods. However, the more devices connected, the more bandwidth you may need.
- Faster and Larger File Uploads. Uploading files to the Cloud, Dropbox, shared Drives, or Twitch can be arduous if the files are large. With a symmetrical Internet connection, large files are a breeze.
- Accessible Cloud Services. More and more companies are moving to cloud services for flexibility and easy sharing, but what good is it to you if you can't reach the cloud? Reliable cloud access depends on high upload speeds. Stay connected with Nemont.
READY FOR SYMMETRICAL INTERNET?